The WAF Best use of Natural Light Shortlist 2023
19 Sep 2023
The World Architecture Festival 2023 will take place at Marina Bay Sands in Singapore from 29 November – 1 December. VELUX has been a partner of the World Architecture Festival since 2015.
The ‘Best Use of Natural Light’ prize is a new category among Special Prizes at the World Architecture Festival established in 2019, supported by VELUX, for the best use of natural light in completed buildings that showcase unique use of a daylighting. Special emphasis will be put on projects that consider the impact on human well-being, performance and joy.
The 2023 shortlist for the ‘Best Use of Natural Light’ prize consists of ten projects all of which are public and semi-public spaces, designed to maximise natural daylight to engage with their surroundings and create dynamic spaces for their visitors. All finalists will go on to compete at the live-judging at WAF in Singapore, each prize will have a panel of three expert judges. The overall winner for each prize will then be revealed at the Gala Dinner on the final day.
The following projects are shortlisted for the award:
- Allianz Stadium by COX Architecture (AUS)
- Battersea Power Station Phase Two by WilkinsonEyre (UK)
- DY Patil University Centre of Excellence by Foster + Partners (IN)
- IF.BE by Malik Architecture (IN)
- Kilyawan Farm Resort by Dominic Galicia Architects (PHL)
- Kurita Innovation Hub by NIKKEN SEKKEI LTD (JPN)
- Santa Maria Goretti Church by Mario Cucinella Architects (IT)
- See Sea Park by Osamu Morishita Architect and Associates (JPN)
- Terminal A at Newark Liberty International Airport by Grimshaw, Design Architect in partnership STV, Executive Architect (USA)
- Washington, DC Southwest Public Library by Perkins+Will (USA)
Learn more about the projects: World Architecture Festival 2023 – Best use of Natural Light